Are you having alcohol allergies? It is sometimes very easy to tell if you are. Depending upon your genetics, and your overall toleration to alcohol, by taking a drink or two, you might not have the same type of reaction that most people do. For instance, people that are allergic to alcohol may become sick to their stomach, unable to deal with the alcohol content.
Others may not like specific types of alcohol. Hard liquor may be difficult for you to ingest, whereas for some people, wine has the same exact reaction. In this article, we will examine a couple different ways that you can tell whether or not you are allergic to alcoholic beverages, simple tests that you can perform without needing to see a physician.
According to the alcoholdetoxmagazine.com website, the first thing you should realize is that every alcohol has something in it called an allergen histamine. This is produced as a result of the fermentation process. All histamines are guilty of stimulating the allergic reactions that people have. There are also sulfites in alcoholic beverages like beer and wine. Sulfites are used as a preservative and can cause allergic reactions and also worsen your asthma as a result of taking the substance regularly.
LTP is a protein allergen that is found in wine, something that is processed from the skins of grapes, especially when making red wine. These allergens, and sulfites, can cause the adverse reactions that you have when you take alcoholic beverages.
The symptoms you need to look out for include nasal congestion, inflamed skin, headaches, rapid heartbeat, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, and a runny or stuffy nose. Although these are symptoms that can be attributed to simply having the flu or the common cold, if you take alcoholic beverages, and these symptoms occur subsequently, then there is a high probability that you have alcohol allergies.
The best way to test yourself is to drink different types of alcohol, and see what reactions occur. If you have any of the aforementioned symptoms appear, you should probably discontinue using that alcoholic beverage because you may be allergic to alcohol, either that particular kind, or all alcohol in general.